Reduce Effects of Air Pollution on Your Skin with Selfieme-10x
Winters are a magical time of the year. After powering through the energy-sucking summer months, you feel re-energized as soon as the first draught of winter chill creeps in under the doors and through the cracks in the windows. Vegetables and fruits at your local vendor start looking healthier and more appetizing. Thick duvets are pulled out of their resting places and cold toes are warmed over blazing heaters.
Of late though, the citizens of our national capital – New Delhi and its surrounding cities have not been able to enjoy the pleasures of winter owing to the alarming rise in pollution levels. Apart from the much talked about harm caused by air pollution like respiratory illnesses; skin damage is also a very significant outcome of a polluted atmosphere. Winter have always brought with it chapped and scaly skin woes. Add to this the damage caused by air pollution and you have dull, luster-less and acne marked skin which ages faster than usual.
- Studies have shown that high levels of PM2.5 (particulate matter 2.5) and PM10 (particulate matter 10) tend to not just worsen existing skin disorders but also lead to development of new ones. Particulate matter found in polluted air causes oxidative stress as it aggravates the production of ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) and cytokines which are pro-inflammatory in nature.
- As a result, when exposed to such air for prolonged periods of time, skin starts showing faster signs of ageing and becomes more susceptible to inflammation in the form of acne, dermatitis etc.
- An article written by Poonam Puri and her colleagues in the Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology and Leprology clearly states that extended exposure to any of the air pollutants like – particulate matter, cigarette smoke, ozone, oxides, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, ultraviolet radiations, volatile organic compounds and oxides is shown to cause skin disorders like premature aging, cancer, psoriasis, acne, pigmentation, eruptions – to name just a few.
Keeping all of the above information in mind, how does one prepare and safeguard their skin against this yearly onslaught of pollution during the winter months?
- Regular cold-creams and lotions are not the answer to this rather complex situation since they do not have the necessary antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties that are needed to combat the effects of particulate matter. What is needed instead is a potent solution which fights not just dry skin but also attenuates the ill-effects of pollution air.
- Curcumin, nature’s very own power house of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties is just what one needs to fight and win the battle against the effects of air pollutants on the skin. For over 4000 years curcumin has been used to heal wounds and abrasions on the skin.
In modern times a lot of research has been done to prove the efficacy of curcumin in curing skin ailments. It has been found as a result of these studies that curcumin has shown a major positive impact in the treatment of the following skin diseases:
- Psoriasis – Curcumin helps in treating Psoriasis by inhibiting abnormal growth of cells and the pro-inflammatory signals sent by abnormal cells.
- Aging – Curcumin has shown properties that help in decreasing the damage caused to skin lipids to oxidation, accumulation of pigments and scarring.
- Skin cancer/Melanoma – Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, curcumin has been helpful in treating skin cancer by reducing the growth of cancerous cells and significantly hampering the process of tumor enlargement.
- Wounds/Acne/Dermatitis– Curcumin promotes the deposition of collagen and enhances the quantity of cells that produce collagen. As a result it helps in healing wounds faster.
Since these are also some of the diseases that are caused by the ill-effects of polluted air, it is quite evident that by using curcumin rich supplements, one can successfully ward off the ill effects of pollutants found in large quantities in the winter air.
To this effect, Bagdara Farms brings to us a curcumin enriched supplement called Selfieme-10X that can help in reversing the effect of the polluted winter air on our skin.
Selfieme-10X has strong anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-viral, anti-fungal and antiseptic properties that help in proactively protecting our skin from the acute damage that pollutants in the air can cause.
Selfieme-10X can be used as a face pack in conjunction with many other natural substances like milk cream, sandalwood powder, fuller’s earth, gram flour, lemon juice and rose water. Any combination with Selfieme-10X will work wonders for the skin. So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and order your jar of Selfieme-10X and give your skin an impenetrable shield against air pollution.
Click here for more details : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29195800