5 Unique Curcumin Face Masks for Scintillating Skin
It is safe to say that curcumin, is a super healer. From old Ayurvedic manuscripts to new aged scientific journals, everywhere curcumin has been lauded for its magical properties which can help alleviate any kind of inflammation. Its effects on human skin are beyond compare especially since our skin, being exposed to all the harsh irritants in the atmosphere, is most susceptible to damage.
Curcumin is most effective in skin ailments because:
1) Curcumin has great anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing inflammation caused by skin allergies, acne, sunburn etc. It thus restores the skin’s health and brings back its healthy glow.
2) Curcumin has antiseptic properties that form a shield against skin infections, keeping the skin healthy and glowing
3) Curcumin is known to inhibit the production of melanin (skin darkening pigment) as well as the enzyme responsible for producing melanin. This leads to lighter skin tone.
4) Curcumin is a potent anti-fungal and it helps in keeping fungal infections that can harm the skin away.
5) Curcumin has antioxidant properties that make it a wonderful, natural anti-aging remedy. By keeping the synthesis of ROS (Reactive Oxygen Species) to a minimum it reduces oxidative stress thereby slowing down the aging process for the skin and body.
Having read how advantageous Curcumin can be for your skin, we are sure you would now be interested in knowing how to use this magic ingredient so that you accrue maximum benefit. The easiest way to use curcumin to improve skin health is by topically applying it to the face in the form of a face pack.
5 Unique Curcumin Face Packs with Selfieme-10x –
1) The Glow Enhancer – Have you ever got ready for a party and then looked at yourself in the mirror and wondered why your skin looks so dull and unhealthy? You are dressed to the nines and everything about you is in order except your skin. This pack is meant to swoop in at a time just like this and give you that elusive glow in minutes.
In a bowl take 1/2 a teaspoon of curcumin powder, 2 teaspoons of baking soda and some rose water to form a smooth paste. Apply this paste generously to your skin and then sit back, relax and read a book or listen to some music or watch your favorite show. In about 15 minutes this pack would dry up. Wash it off with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry.
2) The Stressbuster – Battling everyday stressors like air pollution, exposure to viruses and bacteria, harsh weather conditions etc. can be very tiresome for your skin too. To rejuvenate your skin and to resurrect its sparkle you can try this face pack.
Mix 1/2 a teaspoon of curcumin , 1/2 a teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon organic honey, 1/2 a teaspoon yogurt and a few drops of lemon juice in a clean bowl. Apply this paste generously to your skin. Once you feel the pack has dried up wash it off with lukewarm water and pat your skin dry. Slap some moisturizer on and watch your skin glow.
3) The Rejuvenator – Sometimes in life you need a jump start to rejuvenate our body and soul. Similarly your skin too sometimes craves a jump start. This face pack relaxes the skin and makes it supple and smooth by getting rid of the marks and scars.
Mix 1/2 a teaspoon of curcumin powder, a strand of saffron, a tablespoon of milk and a few drops of lemon juice. Apply this indulgent paste to your skin and let it dry. Now wash it off with lukewarm water. Apply some moisturizer. See how magically your skin looks free of all marks and spots and instead sports an unmatched glow.
4) The Exfoliator– Sometimes a build-up of dead skin cells on your skin steals all of its healthy luster and glow. The pores on your skin may also get clogged by excess sebum, dust and other pollutants from the air. All of this suffocates your skin. A good exfoliating mask has the ability to polish off these intruders from the skin and allow the skin to breathe easily. An exfoliated skin projects a healthy glow that makes heads turn instantly.
Mix 1/2 a teaspoon of curcumin powder, a teaspoon of powdered masoor daal, a teaspoon of powdered oatmeal, rose water and some milk to form a smooth, luxuriant paste. Apply this paste to your skin. Once dried, wash it off with lukewarm water. Dab some moisturizer on to your skin and admire your clean, sparkling visage in the mirror
5) The UV Protector – The harmful effects of prolonged exposure to the UV Rays of the sun have been talked about ad-infinitum. Sunburns are common amongst those who have lighter skin and can get very painful and embarrassing especially since they are angry and red to look at. The best way to deal with a sun burn is to apply a soothing curcumin pack.
Mix 1/2 a teaspoon of curcumin with some aloe-vera gel to form a paste. Gently dab this on the sunburnt skin and let it act on the inflammation for about 15 minutes. Wash your face with cold water. You will be surprised to see a marked reduction in the inflammation and redness.
Bagdara Farms offers an organic curcumin supplement called Selfieme-10X that is all natural and free of any chemical residues. It is as pure as you can ask for. In all the above mentioned packs you can use Selfieme-10X as the needed curcumin supplement.
Click here for more details : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29253261