Prevent Polymyalgia Rheumatica from Happening & Build Strong Immunity
The unsung hero of our body which safeguards us from a plethora of diseases is our immune system. Seldom do we notice and think about keeping it and maintaining it until we face disorders or ailments caused due to some problem in our immune system. There is this most problematic disease known as autoimmune disease which is caused when our immune system gets confused and starts attacking our own body tissue and organs. There are a number of autoimmune diseases. One of them is polymyalgia rheumatica.
What is polymyalgia rheumatica?
- Polymyalgia rheumatica is an inflammatory disorder which causes muscle pain and stiffness around the shoulders and hips.
- It is an autoimmune disease.
- It most commonly affects the shoulders, neck and arms.
- It is disease of the muscles and joints characterized by muscle stiffness, affecting both sides of the body, involving the shoulders, arms, neck and buttock area.
- Generally people above sixty five years are prone to suffer from this disease.
What are the symptoms of polymyalgia rheumatica?
The symptoms of polymyalgia rheumatica usually begin quickly and are worse in the morning.
- Aches and pain in shoulders
- Pain or stiffness in wrists, elbows or knees
- Aches & pain in neck
- Limited range of motion in affected area
- Mild fever
- A general feeling of not being well
- Unintended weight loss
- Loss of appetite
What are causes of polymyalgia rheumatica?
- The exact cause of polymyalgia rheumatica is unknown.
- A combination of genetical and environmental factors is thought to be responsible.
- Polymyalgia rheumatica is age related.
What are the risk factors of polymyalgia rheumatica?
Polymyalgia rheumatica affects elderly people, generally above 65. Women are more prone to this disease, as compared to men.
There are various risk factors associated with this ailment. Below given is a list of few of them:
- Age: This ailment affects older adults more and is very common in them.
- Sex: Women are two times more affected by this ailment.
- Race and geographic region: It is most common amongst the Northern European population.
What are the complications of polymyalgia rheumatica?
Symptoms of this ailment can greatly affect our ability to perform day to day chores and cause various complications. The stiffness and pain can hamper performing tasks like:
- Getting dressed or putting on a sweater.
- Bathing or lifting bucket.
- Getting out of bed, standing up from a sofa, getting off car, changing from one position to another.
- Combing hair.
- Bending down to pick something.
- Lifting shopping bags.
How is polymyalgia rheumatica diagnosed?
- There is no specific test for polymyalgia rheumatica, but it’s likely that a series of blood tests and observation is carried out.
- Two blood tests viz., erythrocyte sedimentation rate and C-reactive protein are generally used to check the levels of inflammation in our body.
What is the treatment of polymyalgia rheumatica?
- There is no cure known till date to cure this ailment but preventing this disorder by taking care of our immune system and maintaining a healthy immunity is the key to safeguard ourselves from autoimmune disorders.
- To take care of our immune system the perfect product comes in a bottle named as Immunoturm which is a magical potion enriched with the super powerful phytochemical curcumin, which gives the required kick to our immunity to work properly.
- Immunoturm due to the concentration of curcumin has anti – inflammatory property. The inflammation that accompanies autoimmune disease is exasperating at best and debilitating at worst. Curcumin ameliorates autoimmunity by regulating inflammatory signals.
- Immunoturm aids in relieving from the pain caused due to polymyalgia rheumatica.
- Immunoturm is one hundred percent vegetarian and is free of any harmful chemicals.
- It is gluten free and is farm grown.
- It has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties.
- It helps in regulating our immunity and is non-polished.
- Adding Immunoturm in our daily diet will not only help us prevent from autoimmune diseases like polymyalgia rheumatic but will also help in strengthening our immunity and keeping us healthy and hearty.
Click here for more details : https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28290522